CREAM Flight 2010
[ICE-30] test done, Dec. 4th 2010
- Details
CSBF will move the ULDB balloon into the PLB 1 on Monday or the next day
if weather is good.
An inspection of the PLB 1 facility, which was done yesterday by fire officers,
revealed no violations to the Fire Code of McMurdo Station.
There was strong winds with flurries in Willy Field.
It was close to "Condition 2".
The Polar vortex will not be quite set up on 12/13 yet
according to the 10 day forecast.
KC
[ICE-29] ULDB/Snow school, Dec. 3rd 2010
- Details
ULDB balloon will be moved to beside of CREAM payload next week and CREAM
payload should be moved to the door side by about 1 m.
Scott, camp manager, confirmed snow school/refresher schedules for recovery people below.
12/21 (1300-1700) Refresher: Alexander (Sasha) Malinin (A-137-M)
12/21-22 Snow School: NAM, KOO HYUN (A-137-M)
12/28-29 Snow School: DANILEVICH, EVGENY (A-137-M)
The wind was strong in Willy field. It was cold with flurries.
The anti-clock-wise cyclone will not be dominated yet
at 3 mbar on 12/12 accoring to the 10 days forcast.
KC
[ICE-28] floor plan meeting, Dec. 2nd 2010
- Details
and the weather condition was changed to "Condition 3" in the afternoon.
According to the 10 days weather forcast, anti-clock-wise cyclone will
not be quite ready on 12/11.
In the morning some more people (including David P. & Dwayne Orr) arrived
at LDB and started to share Mezzanine on the upstairs.
David Pierce & Dwayne Orr visited us during the telecon at 9 am NZT.
In the afternoon Dwayne Orr visted us again and suggested a meeting
for the Payload 1 floor plan at 10 am NZT in the tomorrow morning.
David Sullivan and Erich Klein will join the meeting also.
Even though our CREAM is ready to launch, we have to wait until
the Polar vortex is set up, which will probably take more than 10 days.
And we will keep checking the basic health of the each detector with minor testing.
KC
[ICE-27] Test continued, Dec. 1st 2010
- Details
It showed unstable status with changing its HV values. It seemed that HSK was OK.
However, after replacing its MB, the HV showed stable status with 3 KV for 2 hours.
We will check it for longer time tomorrow.
CSBF installed the protection cage on the launch vehicle.
and the launch vehicle was ready finally.
In the afternoon, there was a storm in the Willy Field.
The weather was "Condition 2" today.
The anti-clock-cyclone is getting developing.
(The possible launch day could be 12/12~12/18.)
KC
[ICE-26] HV/HSK tests, Nov. 30th 2010
- Details
We switched back the bad ASIC board with the good one and
tested HSK HV reading with #5 & #6 switched.
The HV was stable during the test, and there was no abnorml behaviors in HSK.
We will keep testing tomorrow for longer hours.
Tomorrow, ULDB SIP engineer(s) will arrive at LDB from CSBF.
Today, It is cold/windy/clear.
It will be colder and snow in the next few days (there is a chance to become a "condition 2").
The weak anti-clock-wise cyclone set up from yesterday.
According to the forecast in 9 days, the center of cyclon will be a bit off
from the Continent on around Dec. 8.
KC




